Soil water samplers (Saugkerzen)
- PRENART soil water samplers (suction cup lysimeters / Ger.: Saugkerze) are made of porous PTFE (teflon) mixed with silica flour
or stainless steel powder.
- PRENART soil water samplers combine in a new and unique way the inert character of
PTFE with the good hydrological properties of silica flour and stainless steel powder. At the
same time it has been possible to remove the water-repellent character of the PTFE to ensure
good capillary contact with the pore water in the soil.
- PRENART soil water samplers are very robust and can be installed in all soil types at all
Prenart Super Quartz soil water sampler.
- are made of unbreakable and durable materials
- are easy to install in the soil
- are frost resistant
- can be reinstalled at new sites after rinsing
- do not contaminate or retain elements or chemical compounds which might interfere with the collected samples
- are available both in standard size and any individual size and form demanded
- are tested individually to ensure correct function and high quality
Types of PRENART soil water samplers
The PRENART soil water sampler is available in different types of material and in different
size depending on the objectives of the sampling.
PRENART SUPER QUARTZ soil water sampler, OD 21mm, length 95mm, is made of PTFE/quartz (50/50%). It can be
applied for soil water sampling in all soil types. Most applicable for investigations of
soil nutrient status and heavy metal content. Technical details.
SUPER QUARTZ soil water samplers are
available mounted on a PVC tube with a handle. The sampler can be installed down
to a depth of 1 m. Most applicable for investigation during shorter periods, where the
sampler must be moved quickly to new sites.
PRENART MINI, OD 12mm, length 45mm, is most applicable for laboratory experiments or studies
in thin soil horizons.
PRENART MAXI, OD 30mm, length 150mm, ideally suited for collection of larger water volumes.
in thin soil horizons.
PRENART SOIL DISC is made of porous PTFE/quartz. The diameter is 70 mm and thickness 10 mm.
This sampler is especially suitable for sampling of water percolating through the soil profile, for example under infiltration sewage plants and irrigation fields.|
|Prenart Soil Disc|
Sampling in the field
Sampling in the field with the portable vacuum pump.
Top of page.